Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek Review


Last night I went to see STAR TREK. This movie is a throwback kind of film that goes for pure entertainment value. I was glued to the screen with the jaw-dropping visual effects, and plenty of action. The acting was decent so it didn't take away from the story (Nothing I loathe worse than a great script, exciting story, awesome effects and a crappy acting job). J.J. Abrams did a good job of directing (although the jerky camera did get somewhat annoying near the end). Chris Pine (Capt. Kirk) is on the verge of being the next big-time Hollywood actor.
If you went to see WOLVERINE last week, and came out disappointed (like me), then definitely go check out STAR TREK. You'll be rewarded with a much better film.

See the trailer here.

1 comment:

  1. I went to see this movie tonight on your recommendation. Wow! This was one of the better movies I've seen this year!

    And the main actor (Kirk) definitely has a good thing going for him.

    ReplyDelete